We started in 2007 as a team of two in a single bedroom in our founder's father's house. Some of our first orders were carefully packed in said father's previous product-boxes that were re-appropriated for this purpose (we hadn't heard that you could buy carton boxes yet). We had very little capital, but lots of gusto and a real desire to do good, work tirelessly and to make everyone that we deal with delighted.
We're a tight-knit team of hardworking, quirky techies who believe strongly in working together to produce something which we as a team can be proud of. We have a long way to go to get to where we want to be, but we love the process of continual improvement and the journey that involves a bit of fun and weirdness on the way there.
Our goal is to simplify the process of buying awesome tech products in South Africa (making it simple, swift and smile-inducing).
If you have a zest for life, a passion for tech and want to grow with a group of people who truly enjoy seeing one another on a day-to-day basis, you've come to the right place.
- Work and play hard, with company obstacle courses, games nights, weekends away and delicious company dinners
- Enjoy completely nerding it out on the daily
- Do our best to pay our staff as much as is justifiable and revise this continually at the soonest warranted milestones (based on value-add, attitude and learning trajectory)
- Always provide opportunities and advice on career growth (whenever requested, we'll happily oblige)
- Encourage lifelong learning by contributing towards studying and study material (though we really believe in the merits of being an autodidact as well)
- Love a good laugh and don't take ourselves too seriously (we don't have fancy titles or status-driven perks in the company)
- Take the role of deciding where your salary should go (no forced deductions for medical aid, dental or retirement - we'll gladly provide advice on options, but won't take this money away from your salary)
- Stay sober at all staff functions (though by all means, tee-totalling is also 'totes' cool)
- Micromanage or coddle you (people flourish when entrusted with the responsibility to work hard and innovate)
- Believe in anything but extraordinary customer service (love and treat every customer like they're family)
Have a look at what we did for our year-end function:
Lastly, this quote is something that resonates with us as a team:
"I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary." ~ Elon 'Dogefather' Musk
Join the Wootware team, where memes and dreams come true (like, if the above, um, totally resonates with you ;) ).